- The viscoelastic pad is provided with soft, proprioceptive stimulating nubs on the inside as well as longitudinal grooves. The upper third tendon and the muscle-tendon transition with the related operating “nerve endings“ (place receptors) are stimulated by two wing-like inserts.
- The knit with integrated stretch zone in the ventral tibia area makes it easier for the patient to apply and remove the support.
- If needed, a heel lift with a shock absorbing heel cushion is recommended.
- The short knit section in the foot area prevents pressure points on the fifth metatarsal bones.
- The active support is anatomically knit to provide an excellent fit and is very comfortable to wear.
- The same design for right and left.
- Donning aid included
- Achillodynia (Tendinosis, paratendinitis, Achilles tendon bursitis)
- Haglund’s deformity
- Chronic, post-traumatic or post-operative irritation (e.g. in the case of Achilles tendon ruptures)
- Inflammatory processes in the Achilles tendon
Mode of Action
- The continuous transition between compression and decompression (similar to a friction massage) through the integrated nubs accelerates the healing process and through the longitudinal grooves reduces edema.
- The simultaneous proprioceptive stimulation of the nerve endings in the muscle transitions improves muscular control. The sensorimotor quality is positively influenced and the neuromyonal system supported. This leads to synchronization of muscle activities.
SPECIAL ORDER ONLY PRODUCTS & RETURN POLICY
Products described as “Special Order Only” may require an additional 10-15 business days for delivery. Special Order products are eligible for credit only if they are found to be defective. Otherwise, the purchase of these products are all final sale (no return/no exchange).
How to Measure
Measure the circumference of the narrowest part of the ankle, above the malleoli.