- Optimum treatment quality in emergency treatment, without any need for reshaping. Individual fitting is possible on request.
- The anatomical shape conforms to the outside edge of the foot to counteract supination, even without a shoe, and is also functionally effective.
- Special, anti-fatigue cushion ensures excellent wearing comfort.
- The neuromuscular effect of the plantar guide helps to elevate the foot and thus counteracts supination.
- The Velcro strap system, wound in a figure of eight pattern, ensures that it is quick and easy to put on and guarantees extra comfort.
- Early functional treatment for injuries of the lateral malleolar ligaments (and the bifurcate ligaments)
- Post-operative protection after ligamental suturing/reconstruction
- Chronic ligament insufficiency
- Conservative treatment of severe ankle joint sprains and ligament ruptures
- Capsular ligament strains
- Prevention of sprains (e.g. during intensive sporting activity)
Mode of Action
- The orthosis stabilizes the foot by preventing lateral twisting movements of the ankle without appreciably hindering the normal heel-toe stride.
- MalleoLoc is positioned anterolaterally on the joint and counteracts the talar shift, without restricting freedom of movement in the plantar flexion.
- The degree of immobilization can be continuously adjusted without restricting the plantar flexion or dorsal extension.
- The plantar guide helps create neuromuscular effects and thus actively stabilizes the ankle joint through the muscles.
How to Measure
Measure the width of the heel.
< 6 cm
> 6 cm